On Fri 03 Apr 2009, E R wrote:
> I want to send all error output to a process for specialized logging.
> I know that you can use CustomLog with a pipe. However, will that
> capture output from things like 'print STDERR ...' or if an XS module
> directly writes to stderr? I need that output to also go to my
> logging process.
>
> Does anyone know if there an Apache module which does this?

Give a named pipe's name to ErrorLog outside any virtual host. Then have
your process read from that pipe.

At shell level:

  mkfifo /path/to/PIPE
  your_program </path/to/PIPE

in httpd.conf:

  ErrorLog /path/to/PIPE

I'd very much recommend to monitor "your_program" and have it restarted
automatically if it crashes. The simplest way to do that is to start it
via /etc/inittab.

Torsten

--
Need professional mod_perl support?