Hello,

Apache is my weak hand so hope to clear some fog with your help.
we're looking for a way to offer version handling to our serverside perl app. Each database is tagged to a certain version of the application and they should be upgraded individually to interfere as little as possible with the service
My first ideas goes as:

<Location /myApp-v2.0.0/>
        PerlSwitches -I /some/path/v2.0.0/
        PerlResponseHandler run
</Location>

<Location /myApp-v2.0.1/>
        PerlSwitches -I /some/path/v2.0.1/
        PerlResponseHandler run
</Location>

but came up with a number of conserns.

* the perl moduls namespace ought to collide unless each location scope are well isolated from eachother. will apache handle it? Alt. solutions are rename each package to be version unique. but its neither time efficient nor pretty, would prefer a more straightforward folder categorization.

* we use worker mpm for memory sharing. i dont see any problem with multiple simultanious code base tough, fill me in if i might oversee something

* 100+ versions of the app is quite likely to exist before dropping the backend. will make it 100x the initial apps memory. Could this be an apache performance issue?

* to lanch a new version i prefer to not alter the apache config constantly
is there a way to make this dynamically?

searched around but could just find mass vhosts fixups
looking for something similar to:

<Location /myApp-*/>
        PerlSwitches -I /some/path/$0/
        PerlResponseHandler run