Seems like a reasonable addition to me. Apache::DBI 1.07 is kind of broken right now (see bugs in RT), it'd be nice to get a new release with this fixed and some of those bugs closed.

Adam

Nick Wellnhofer wrote:
Currently, Apache::DBI never disconnects from the database. This leads
to the following warnings in my Postgres logs every time an Apache child
exits:

LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection

Depending on MaxRequestsPerChild this can really spam your Postgres logs.

Attached is a patch against Apache::DBI that adds a PerlChildExitHandler
in order to disconnect all existing database connections.

Comments are welcome.

Nick