I recently upgraded software on my apache servers so that I am now running:
Apache/2.2.3
MOD_PERL = mod_perl/2.0.4
MOD_PERL_API_VERSION = 2
perl 5.8.8

Operating system: Red Hat Linux 2.6.18-128.2.1

In my web server error logs I started seeing messages such as:
Software caused connection abort at 'some_module_name.pm' line 'some_line_number'.

All the modules that appear in these messages give me the impression it is likely mod_perl scripts that are causing them.

My mod_perl scripts are configured as such:
<Location /cgi/some_mod_perl_script.cgi>
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler ModPerl::PerlRun
  Options ExecCGI
  PerlSendHeader On
</Location>

The line numbers in the error message seem to all point to lines of code in modules that are doing output to stdout.

Any thoughts on the circumstances that might produce those errors?

--
Jim Albert