Hi,

I have a Mason dhandler that generates an HTML page containing a form.
The action of the form is to get the same page that is displayed.  If the
URL contains a certain parameter, an internal redirect is issued:

<%args>
$modification=>undef
</%args>
<form>
<input type="submit" value="update" name="modification"/>
</form>
<init>
if ($modification eq "update"){
   my $location = "/data_update?session=$session&" . $r->args;
   $r->internal_redirect($location);
return OK;
</init>

A Perl handler processes requests to /data_update and issues a new
internal redirect to a third page:

<Location /data_update>
   SetHandler perl-script
   PerlHandler MyApp::DataUpdate
   DefaultType text/html
</Location>

The third page (usually) displays correctly but there is trouble
beneath. Following any link on the third page results in a display of
gibberish--binary data except for the HTTP header buried midway through.
This third page never causes any trouble except when approached through
this internal redirect.

I've probably left out all the information you need to know in order to
suggest a solution.  So I guess that's my question; where do I need to
look more carefully?

Sorry if *this* page is gibberish.  Thanks for reading.

Mark