Hello,

I'm planning on upgrading a large project to Perl 5.10.1 and mod_perl,
involving a dev box and 4 front-end application servers.

The 'relocation' feature of Perl 5.10 has made it clear and easy to have a 5.10
install parallel to a 5.8 install.

Now I'm planning what the mod_perl side of this might look like.

Would it mostly be as easy as re-compiling Apache with the same "configure"
arguments, but a different "--prefix" ? So, I could a parallel install
to test with, with the ability to switch between them quickly, and switch
back to the Apache/mod_perl compiled against 5.8 if I need to.

Am I missing anything major here? I realize there are some details about port
allocation that I'll need to address.

    Mark

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   m...@summersault.com     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .