[note that this is possibly not am od_perl bug]

After a little over a month of using apache, and restarting it many times, I
started getting errors such as this one:

No space left on device: Couldn't create accept lock

The issue is nothing like what the error message suggests: it is not a space
on device issue, the issue is that apache leaks semaphores upon restarts and
runs out of available semaphores.

This is on Ubuntu Hardy

I had the same issue on my old Fedora box, so I quickly adapted an old shell
function to delete all semaphores owned by www-data.

But my question is, Come On! Shouldn't this bug be fixed by now?

As of now, I added semaphore cleaning to my custom "restart apache" script.
This script already addresses a very obnoxious issue that
"/etc/init.d/apache2 stop" does not always stop apache2. My script does
/etc/init.d/apache2 stop, waits 2 seconds and murders every remaining
instance of apache2. Now it also cleans semaphores.

But I got to wonder if this bug is ever going to be fixed?