I would like to thank everyone for the very useful information. I have
gotten everything to work well. Also, the diverse views have given me
more options to try.

I am new to this 'web thing', having done system level programming for
over 30 years. I am trying to learn the various strategies and the
strengths/weaknesses of the various technologies. I am currently
implementing a small-ish project for myself and will explore using PHP
and then PHP/Drupal on this project. I would really appreciate it if
people would comment on their views of these differing technologies,
what project types they are appropriate for and their experiences with
them or tell me where I can find these discussions on the web. I can see
some differences but until you have worked with them on a large project
it is really difficult to know the pitfalls. Please feel free to email
me directly rather than the full email list.

Again, thank you for your help!

Chuck