On Sep 26, 2009, at 4:17 AM, Clinton Gormley wrote:

I'm using apache 2.2.9, mod_ssl 2.2.9 and mod_perl 2.04, and I still
have problems with graceful-restart.

You are 4 releases behind.  Download 2.2.13 and I bet graceful will
work for you.  (Bet's off if you have something systemically difficult
w/r/t ssl.)

Throw in a mod_perl 2.0.5 from SVN: I've never seen such performance
as the system I built with 'optimize -Os' last night.

In my setup, I know that it can do this, and so I'd rather avoid that
double init.

I would too.  I was defending graceful restart, not double init.

cmac