Hello,

I'm wondering what techniques folks are using to get persistent database connections other than Apache::DBI.

Apache::DBI has worked great, but I've treated it as a black box and so don't fully understand what it is doing in the box. That was fine, but the fact that the current version (1.07) on CPAN is broken and has been for a year suggests to me that people are using other methods. These methods might be better than what I've been doing.

I've read about connect caching and pooling, but I'm not sure if this is what I want to do instead or where best to read up about it.

Thanks!

Kurt Hansen