I don't know the specifics of your project so it's quite possible that I'm missing something, but this all seems like an incredibly bad idea. Sure you can knock some cringe inducing code together and get it to technically work, but the very fact that you need to resort to these sort of unorthodox methods should be a hint that you might have something wrong in your systems or software design. Again, I lack a full perspective here and maybe you have good reasons, but this sounds like a problem screaming to be solved in conception, not in implementation.

Adam Prime wrote:
Alan Young wrote:
Wouldn't using the Parent option (
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.html#C_Parent_ )
work better for what you're trying to do?

Parents requires vhosts, which he said he doesn't want to use.

Adam