I'm using <Perl> blocks in my apache conf files for early server configuration.
I remember reading someone on this list saying they wouldn't use Perl Sections
at all.
The main reason I chose to use them to initialize some of my server
configuration was to allow for relative addressing to the .conf file rather
than the apache root via the __FILE__ variable.
That allows me to load my perl startup.pl files on different servers regardless
of where they're stored by keeping them arranged relative to the .conf file

Up to now I've kept what I've done in the Perl Sections limited to manipulating
@INC and @PerlConfig.
I tried using a couple of perl modules that used 'our' type scopes and they all
bombed out saying Perl Sections couldn't add the variable, e.g. it chokes on
File::chdir's $CWD variable.
It does seem to use packages correctly, that in turn become available afterword
in the symbol tables.

So while the documentation for the Perl Sections was adequate enough to get
what I needed accomplished, it's left me hungry for more info on what's going
on behind the scenes.

Before I go and dig around in the source (which I plan on doing,) I was
wondering if anyone mind sharing the experience and insights on Perl Sections,
pros cons, etc.

i.e. I'm referring to <Perl></Perl> blocks in apache .conf files.

Thank you,
Boysenberry Payne