Boysenberry Payne wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to connect to my postgresql database using the DBI -> Apache::CBI ->
DBD::Pg combination of modules.
I'm having trouble understanding Apache::DBI usage as it pertains to https pre
request server life cycle, in particular during the OpenLogs stage.
My trouble comes from an error I'm getting from DBI:

Global $r object is not available. Set:
        PerlOptions +GlobalRequest
in httpd.conf at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/Apache/DBI.pm line 144.

So, obviously, the Apache::RequestRec object hasn't been globalized because
it's before the request stage (the child processes haven't even been forked
yet.)
If I use DBI in my startup.pl file first, no problems, but Apache::DBI says to
have it load before DBI to use the persistent connections it offers, thus my
dilemma.

So, what do I do?

Don't use Apache::DBI 1.07 and try to do this, because as you've discovered, it's broken.

see: http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=36346

Adam