On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:46 PM,  <m...@normalperson.e4ward.com> wrote:
> BTW, though we are still using modperl for developing some applications.
> But it seems other instead technologies are becoming more and more
> popular, like PHP,Django,Rails etc.
> Is modperl  outdated in today?

I don't know that PHP is becoming more popular, I think it's
popularity is actually waning.  While Django, and Rails are certainly
popular, I don't think it necessarily follows that modperl is
outdated.  It certainly performs better than Django and Rails, but
that isn't necessarily a hard requirement for many places.  It's
probably more of business decision these days.  Which technology do
your employees know the best, and what's the availability of people
who know that technology in the job market?  The pluses and minuses to
each language and technology mostly even out.  Chances are if you are
writing webapps your not really going to run across large
differentiating factors between the technologies.

-wjt