Hi,

I wrote some mod_perl handlers for authentication and authorization, basically
to set cookies and check user roles.  I use them for both static and dynamic
content from Perl scripts.

I'm looking into splitting Apache into two servers, one optimized for static
content and acting as a reverse proxy for the dynamic content Apache server.
I understand that in the static httpd.conf, I can do things like:
        ProxyPass               /perl/ http://dynamic.server:8080/perl/
        ProxyPassReverse        /perl/ http://dynamic.server:8080/perl/
and in the dynamic server's httpd.conf, I can add ScriptAlias and Location
directives to call my authentication handlers.

What I don't understand is what to do about static directories that want to
use the handlers via Directory directive, or via a local .htdocs file.  Does
any such directory need to be forwarded to the dynamic server in order to then
call the handlers?

Thanks,

Dan