On 17.4.2010 23:21, Jiri Pavlovsky wrote:
On 17.4.2010 22:42, Chris Bennett wrote:

Oh, this is your error. You may only use Apache::DBI_connect_on_init for
ONE connection, which stays up and running. Use your more important one
(for speed) for this.

This doesn't seem to make difference. It doesn't work even when making
only one connection. The connection is not made.

I wanted to make two, because I have two apps. One is frequently used
and so the db connection is made from the app short after spawning the
child anyway.

The other one is seldom so there is a overhead every time request comes.

What seems to work though is to create both connection sin the first app.

UPDATE: My problem was solved by upgrading Apache::DBI to 1.08. Yes, I should have done that first.
I can even make two connections from startup.pl.