If I haven't sent this to the correct place please inform me.

I've look through the assorted documentation, both mod_perl and Apache, and
haven't found a solution to my situation. I've also given the internet a try
with no luck. I admit I'm new to mod_perl.

I've installed mod_perl onto an Apache server, version 2.2.15, Windows XP, and
have it running. I'm running Perl 5.8.8

I've inserted the following line into my httpd.conf file:

ExtFilterDefine IpCount mode=input cmd="C:/perl/bin/perl.exe
C:/Apache22/cgi-bin/ip_count.pl".

The file ip_count.pl will execute just fine but because I have to load the Perl
interpreter each time, and I can't specify a URL, the performance is less than
desired. No persistency.

Is there a way to have mod_perl handle its execution by specifying something
other than "C:/perl/bin/perl.exe"?

Thank You