On Thursday 27 May 2010 21:36:01 Joshua Johnson wrote:
> Related: and would it be possible to add config on-the-fly?
>  $r->add_config() Won't let you add VirtualHosts because it operates as
>  though in a <Location> directive.

I do most of the request config with $r->add_config(). The httpd.conf contains
2 Vhosts per IP, 1 plain, 1 SSL. At runtime the Host HTTP header then decides
what to do. This resembles very much name based vhosts without actually having
vhosts. On the positive side one can add "vhosts" without restarting apache,
on the negative there is only one error_log/access_log. The access_log can be
splitted afterwards if the Host header is logged. I actually log to named
pipes. The web server runs inside a chroot, the log reader outside.

Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net