Tosh Cooey wrote:
Maybe I should have followed up instead of sending this so quickly, oh well.

Yes the Windows CR/LF was the problem. So the situation is resolved, but I have no clue why the same file with different names was inconsistent in execution.

Oh well, don't look a gift horse in the mouth I guess, thanks Cosimo!

Tosh

Tosh Cooey wrote:
Ha ha... Yes I wondered about that too, except then why would it run as mailfile2.pl after only: cp mailfile.pl mailfile2.pl ?

However the programmer working on that file uses Windows and so who knows, maybe this is the solution, but not the answer...

Thanks!

Tosh