Michiel Beijen schrieb am 02.07.2010 um 10:54 (+0200):
> To all of you Windows & mod_perl lovers that might be on this list but
> not on win32-vanilla, this might be really interesting.
> --
> Mike

Googling for mod_perl and Windows, one of the most prominent hits is
this page from the mod_perl book, which might be somewhat outdated:

http://modperlbook.org/html/2-4-Installing-mod_perl-for-Windows.html

To quote:

  Because of the many differences between Unix and Windows,
  the Win32 port of Apache is still branded as beta
  quality—it hasn't yet reached the stability and
  performance levels of the native Unix counterpart.

  Another hindrance to using mod_perl on Windows is that
  current versions of Perl are not thread-safe on Win32. As
  a consequence, mod_perl calls to the embedded Perl
  interpreter must be serialized (i.e., executed one at a
  time). For these reasons, we recommend that mod_perl on
  Windows be used only for testing purposes, not in
  production.

Does that still hold true? With Apache 2 and all that progress?
What's the status of using mod_perl on Windows?

--
Michael Ludwig