Hi mod_perl community, this is my first post so be gentle with me.

I'm trying to create something which translates a GET request into a POST
(creating the body dynamically) and then hand off the POST to another
server.

I have created a mod_perl connection filter to change the GET to a POST in
the request line. It also adds Content-Length and Content-Type headers and
this works fine.

I then have a request filter which creates the POST body. This works when
the request is handled by a PerlResponseHandler but I'm trying to offload
the request to mod_proxy as the responses can be quite large but I just
can't get it to play ball. I see the request filter being called but the
POST body never arrives at the target server. I suspect this is a timing
issue, ie: mod_proxy kicking in before my request filter but I'm not
certain.

Can anybody shed some light on this or correct my approach. I was going to
add the POST body in the connection filter but it seemed cleaner/easier to
do it in a request filter.

I've looked on the mailing list and found a few things that touch on this (
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/modperl/message/54541) but nothing that's
close enough to help.

Config below ... I've not included perl code as this message is quite long
anyway. Please let me know if it would be helpful.
Thanks in advance, James.

***
httpd.conf extract:

PerlInputFilterHandler Sample::RequestTweaker::change_get_to_post

<Location /reports>
   PerlInputFilterHandler Sample::RequestTweaker::inject_post_data
   ProxyPass http://appserver/reports-engine
</Location>