Thanks for all the kind info.
I have installed it successfully in my ubuntu 9.10 from the sources.

----- Original Message -----
From: Marilyn Burgess <mari...@marilynburgess.com>
To: modperl <modperl@perl.apache.org>
Subject: Re: modperl for ubuntu
Date: 2010-12-2 01:04:52

Hello Jeff,

Does Ubuntu use the same packages as Debian? On Debian I do:
apt-get install apache2 libapache2-mod-perl2 libapache2-request-perl
libapache2-mod-apreq2

Hope this helps!
Marilyn

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 2:07 AM, Dave Hodgkinson <daveh...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 1 Dec 2010, at 02:51, Jeff Pang wrote:

> Hello,

> Does modperl and Apache2::Request have a port for Ubuntu and which will be
> installed by apt-get?

> Ubuntu's development environment is so worse, has been losing so many
> libraries, compiling modperl under which is hard.

Jeff,

It's no so bad. I'm building perl 5.12.2 and latest mod_perl for Ubuntu with no
wildly crazy

options except full 64-bit perl internals.

Dave