On 01/27/2011 07:05 PM, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:

Can I just say: WTF? 2G in an Apache? Surely there's a better way of
architecting
this?

One thing to remember is that he's running Windows which doesn't have Copy-On-Write memory, so depending on what he's doing it might not take up as much memory if it were being run on Linux (or other OS with COW).

Another thing that maybe the OP should look at (if he hasn't already) is to run a proxy in front of the main mod_perl application. Even if the proxy is on the same machine it will help because you can reduce the number of memory-heavy mod_perl processes/threads and handle the same number of connections.

But, even after all that I have applications where we consistently run 3-4G just for mod_perl/Apache.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP