Jonathan Swartz wrote:
Also, I realize now that "first major version in ten years" was a potentially
misleading choice of words. Mason was actively developed until 2006, and has had
maintenance releases since then. It's just that 1.00 was released ten years ago.

Hi.

I do not really know Mason (yet), but I just want to say that it is an /immense/ tribute to its developer(s) that a package that was developed more than 10 years ago is still in active use now, by many sites, and many very large sites.
(The same goes for mod_perl of course).

And when one compares the average of 2-3 minor releases per year over the last 5 years, with the monthly MS patches ...
(http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms11-feb.mspx)

This being said, I would like to report a small bug, I believe more of the web server than Mason, on the very reference page mentioned by Perrin :

http://masonhq.com/code/history.html

The last line of the "1.43 Dec 25, 2009" section shows an encoding problem.
The name of Frédéric Brière seems to be encoded as UTF-8, but the page is rendered in iso-8859-1. The Content-type header returned by the server does not provide a character encoding (and neither does the html page itself) so the browser defaults to iso-8859-1.

Since this is a "marketing" kind of page, it would look nicer if it appeared
correctly.
;-)

(Request-Line)  GET /code/history.html HTTP/1.1

(Status-Line)   HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date    Thu, 24 Feb 2011 21:55:59 GMT
Server  Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_perl/1.29
Content-Type    text/html
X-Cache MISS from www.masonhq.com
Keep-Alive      timeout=15, max=100
Connection      Keep-Alive