On 02/24/2011 03:31 PM, André Warnier wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I wonder if someone here can give me a clue as to where to look...

If you have a fairly recent CGI.pm, it will decode utf-8 properly for
you (even avoiding double-decoding), but there are some caveats.  In
addition to what others have already said, If you are running under
mod_perl (which obviously you are), CGI.pm adds a cleanup handler (via
register_cleanup) which resets CGI.pm's global variables.  One of the
variables that gets reset is the PARAM_UTF8 variable (which the  -utf8
import controls).  Because of this, once the clenaup handler gets
called, UTF-8 decoding gets turned off.

You have to work around this by manually making sure $CGI::PARAM_UTF8 =
1 before calling CGI->new.

Regards,
Michael Schout