Hi Chris,

my example implementation doesnt assume a string cut-off at a certain
place. If your search string has a length of 7 bytes, the "worst case" is
that one buffer contains the first 6 bytes and the next buffer the last
one. If the string is cut at another place you just carry over a little
bit too much (but it doesnt hurt as long as you make sure that the
replacement takes place only once).
I dont think that you can force the bucket to be a certain length. I dont
know how it is handled exactly but I would assume that you get passed any
content that is flushed by the previous handler/filter. The only thing you
could possibly control is the threshold at which Apache does an automatic
flushing of the output buffer.

Hendrik