From: Jerry Pereira [mailto:online.je...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2011 2:48 PM
To: modperl@perl.apache.org
Subject: Changing browser URL based on condition

Hi All,

I would like to know if there is a way to change the URL displayed on
browser without using Redirect option. The URL visible on client browser
must be based on some condition that is evaluated in my mod_perl handler.

For example -

1. User types the URL - www.example.com<http://www.example.com/>, this will
display the login page.
2. Once the user enters the credentials and hits submit, the request is
posted to www.example.com/login<http://www.example.com/login> action.
3. If the credentials entered by the user is valid then i would like to show
the home page..uri
4. I am able to show the homw page, but the URL does not change to
www.example.com/home<http://www.example.com/home>, instead it remains the same
(i.e.
www.example.com/login<http://www.example.com/login>). I am using Template
toolkit to render my pages. I
tried $req->url('/home'), but that does not change the browser URI.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jerry