For a while now my system has error trapped issues the it encounters
and printed an error page with a 200 status code.

Recently when my web developer started using AJAX, this became a
problem, be cause he couldn't check for error codes on the pages. So I
updated my error routine to pass proper error code like:

print "Content-type: text/html\n";
print "Status: 400 Bad Request", "\n\n";

The problem I am however encountering is my custom error page
generated by the perl script is displayed and then bellow it on the
same page is the error page defined in the apache conf for that code.

The reason I want the mod perl to generate the error page is I want to
be able to pass error info in the html comments.

Is there a way to tell get mod perl to tell apache to not send the
default page also?

David