On Sunday, 13 November 2011 21:17:46 Meir Yanovich wrote:
> I have Apache that used as proxy server that forward incoming requests
> to application server, based on Some rules , all working fine .
> Now this incoming request , needs to be changed before they reaching
> to the application server And when they returning back from the
> application server the massage needs to be changed again and send the
> response.
> The manipulation in the proxy server done with perl script , so
> mod_perl needs to be installed .
> But my concern is how can it be done if it can be done .

If your proxy runs httpd 2.x with modperl 2.x then yes, it can manipulate
both the request stream from the client to the backend and the response
stream from the backend to the client.

The former is done by a PerlInputFilterHandler the latter by a
PerlOutputFilterHandler. Those are up to you to conceive.

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/filters.html

Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net