David Booth wrote:
On Fri, 2012-01-13 at 12:09 -0500, David Booth wrote:
On Fri, 2012-01-13 at 16:06 +0100, André Warnier wrote:
I have a PerlResponseHandler which processes some kind of "logical document-id" provided in a request, locates the corresponding "real document" on the filesystem, and returns it to the client via sendfile(). At the moment, this handler uses its own custom logic to determine the MIME type of the document and return it to the client as a Content-type HTTP header.

My question is : instead of this custom logic, does there exist a way, via mod_perl, to obtain this target file's MIME-type from Apache, using Apache's own logic (mod_mime, AddType etc..) for that ?
This isn't exactly what you asked for, but if you don't need to server
anything else along with it, then perhaps you could use
internal_redirect
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/SubRequest.html#C_internal_redirect_
and let Apache set the Content-Type for you.
If you do find the direct answer to your question, please post it, as
I'm interested in this question also.

P.S. I just noticed lookup_file:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/SubRequest.html#C_lookup_file_
I haven't tried it, but it sounds like it *might* do what you want.

Thanks.  I will have a look at both.  I don't think I an use the
internal_redirect in my case,
lookup_file sounds interesting.  I didn't think of looking there.

 but