There's no question or anything resembling a request in your email. So my response may waste a lot of time.

Is this your original post?
  http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=949773

If so, I might be able to help.

Admittedly, I can't follow the thread. The PerlMonds responder refers to a function set_progname(). But I can't figure out what that refers to.

However, in the third exchange, you referenced a problem I have some experience with: Apache::Registry executes the BEGIN{} block once, and the END{} block repeatedly. Fundamentally, the Perl specification expects them to be balanced, and I'm still amazed at this shortcoming. I wrote a workaround that might get you over your hurdle. Please check out Apache::ChildExit.

I'm amazed that my solution wasn't generally adopted. As you note, it seems like this would be a pretty common scenario. Give it a try, and please let me know whether this solution gives you any traction.

Cheers!

 -Jim