Dave Morgan wrote:
Hi All.
    We moved our software stack to mod-perl2 six months ago and
have been steadily cleaning up warnings and such. We have had
problems with warning messages from regex's showing up without
time information. The following issue appears similar.

How do I find out where the following call(s) are made from?

See http://search.cpan.org/~dom/perl-5.14.3/lib/Carp.pm

quote :

Forcing a Stack Trace

As a debugging aid, you can force Carp to treat a croak as a confess and a carp as a cluck across all modules. In other words, force a detailed stack trace to be given. This can be very helpful when trying to understand why, or from where, a warning or error is being generated.

This feature is enabled by 'importing' the non-existent symbol 'verbose'. You would typically enable it by saying

    perl -MCarp=verbose script.pl

or by including the string -MCarp=verbose in the PERL5OPT environment variable.

Alternately, you can set the global variable $Carp::Verbose to true. See the GLOBAL VARIABLES section below.