Hi,

I have some code I use all the time I use to download a file:

if (-e '/report.pdf') {

                open(PDF, '/report.pdf') or die "could not open PDF $!";

                binmode PDF;

                my $output = do { local $/; <PDF> };

                close(PDF);

                $r->content_type('application/pdf');

                $r->err_headers_out->add('Content-Disposition' =>
'attachment; filename="report.pdf"');

                $r->print($output);

}

I've never had a problem before using the above until trying to do it on a
new machine. On that machine every time I still get prompted to download the
file but FF/IE says its only 20 bytes (even though the pdf is 200k on the
file system) and what is downloaded is not what is on the filesystem.

I tried different files, different paths etc with the same results so I
don't think it's a location or permissions issue.

The only thing that gets logged in the attempt is:

TIGHT LOOP!!!: Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0x47e2f78) can't
Apache2::RequestRec::print!

Any ideas how I could further debug that error to find the cause?

TIA!

-Chris