I know this may seem straight forward and a RTFM response may be in order, but I have been trying to crack this for some days now (following attempts on and off, too, mind) and nothing I can google seems to point to an accurate answer on what the problem is here.

I'm running FreeBSD 9.x with Apache22, and installed mod_perl2 to try to switch away from php based development based on current requirements.

I have tried using a startup.pl, but I would like to just use PerlSwitches -I instead (which from what I read is possible); regardless the issue remains the same.

I get a 500 response in the browser, and the logs have these errors:

"failed to resolve handler `Mod_home::Mod': Can't locate Mod_home/Mod.pm in @INC"

and simply "failed to resolve handler" in the main server log.

My config looks like this:

<VirtualHost <IP>:<PORT>>
    ServerName <server>
    ServerAlias <server>
    ServerAdmin <hostmaster>
    ErrorLog "/var/log/apache/<VHOST>-error.log"
    CustomLog "/var/log/apache/<VHOST>-access.log" common
    PerlOptions +Parent
    PerlSwitches -I/usr/local/www/<VHOST>/lib
    PerlInitHandler Apache2::Reload
    PerlModule Mod_home::Mod
    <Location /<VHOST>>
        SetHandler modperl
        PerlResponseHandler Mod_home::Mod
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

I also have PerlModule Apache2::Reload in the httpd.conf.

Just to reiterate - I have tried this both as vhosting and as single server setup, and I cannot seem to resolve the same issue every single time.

Can someone please give the magical incantation to make this thing work? :-) or at least point me in the right direction? I'm really starting to lose patience with this thing, and I now have a deadline to sort this out which is fast approaching.

Cheers