Hi,

we are using Class:Singleton , yet we manually destroy the singleton at the
beginning of each request before we create a new one.
So I have a class PW::Application which isa Class::Singleton  and then

    {
        no strict 'refs';
        ${"PW::Application\::_instance"}= undef;
    }
    $self->{appl}= PW::Application->instance($param{base});

I tried Apache::Singleton before, but, as far as I can remember,  it didn’t
work with mp2.
So why are we using a singleton ? Well  , our app does not  only  consist of
the web part , we also have many scripts running that are part of the
application, and we put things like DBIx::Class schema object, config, current
user etc in our singleton and so we can access these data  the same way,
neither if we run a function from web interface or from command line.
Since we don’t have heavy  load on our apps creating this singleton with every
request works for me .

Am 02.02.2014 um 02:14 schrieb John Dunlap <j...@lariat.co>:

> In mod_perl, can instantiated singletons survive requests? I'm asking because
> I appear to have one which *appears* to be bouncing back and forth between
> virtual hosts as perl interpreters are recycled. Is this possible and, if
> yes, how do I prevent it?
>
> Cheers!
> John

Rolf Schaufelberger