Apache::DBI caches database connection per process so you avoid the cost of
creating a connection on each requests.

Pgbouncer pools database connections so that you don't tie up one
postmaster process per httpd process.

If you only have one webserver you may not have a real need for pgbouncer;
it really is most useful when you have more httpd processes than you have
postmaster processes. However you should be in the best position to grow
using both.