You are correct, the new setup thinks of it as setting up global AuthZ
handlers.

Make sure to name the provider with a good identifier (i.e.: thisAppUser,
GlobalLoginUser, ....)

A great many people would benefit from updating the documentation on these
changes. But I think people are focusing on making sure it builds properly
on different environments.

Lathan