Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
On 5/29/2015 1:20 PM, André Warnier wrote:
Over the years, I have created and modified and re-modified my own Apache/mod_perl authentication module, which was originally derived from Apache(2?)::AuthCookie (pilfered would be the correct term I guess). It currently runs up to Apache 2.2, but I have heard/read in various places that the Apache AAA interface had been changed significantly in 2.4. I figure that I should thus start updating my module, before all my customers update their Apache and make my module obsolete. But although I have seen many warnings about the changes, I have not really see yet any real outline of the changes in mod_perl AAA API calls, that would likely have to be made to accomodate this. Would anyone have more info or pointers on that general subject ?
Sounds like a good time to read http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/developer/new_api_2_4.html and to play with the 2.0.9-rc2 (they discussed releasing it today...)

Beyond that, I don't know that anyone will have any specific input without seeing the module and what errors you are having with 2.4/mp2.0.9rc1 or rc2.

Thank you for the pointer.
I read it, but that is of the same order as what I was mentioning above : it discusses the internal changes to Apache httpd, from the point of view of, for example, the developers of mod_perl themselves. My own module does not interface directly with Apache at the C level. I merely use the methods/functions available in mod_perl, as described here for example :

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/Access.html

Have these functions changed ?
And if yes, do you know if any updated mod_perl documentation exists about that
?
Or, better yet, has the interface to these functions not changed, the dirty work having already been done by the mod_perl developers to make this update totally transparent (which of course I would love) ?

My module hasn't come up with any error yet with Apache 2.4, for the simple reason that I have not tried it yet with Apache 2.4. I am just trying to be prepared.

Thanks
André