Dear mod_perl list,

I have been trying to look through the mod_perl documentation to figure out
some mod_perl performance issues but I need some clarification on the following:

  1.  mod_perl as DSO vs statically compiled mod_perl with Apache httpd - other
than large memory footprint of the statically compiled mod_perl, what would be
other disadvantages of statically compiled mod_perl? If mod_perl is DSO, can it
be shared by all Apache children processes? Does the sharing work the same for
mod_perl 1 and mod_perl 2?
  2.  cgi-bin scripts vs mod_perl handler - Does cgi-bin scripts get compiled
per request or just once? What about those mod_perl handler scripts? Is there
difference between mod_perl 1 and mod_perl 2?

Thanks,
- xinhuan