On 31.05.2016 18:40, Vincent Veyron wrote:
On Fri, 27 May 2016 09:29:36 +0200
André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com> wrote:

The above strongly hints at some flaw in the srand() of perl, when called by a
32-bit
perl, on a 64-bit OS/machine.
Maybe it is worth passing this info along to the perl (language) developers, at
www.perl.org ?

Sorry for the delay getting back to you : since I wiped and re-installed the
machine, I created a virtual machine with a 32bit image, so that took a little
time. And, guess what? I can't reproduce the problem in the VM.

Also, it only appeared in mod_perl, not perl.

The bug may have to do with a cpan upgrade I did on the machine, that generated
quite a bit of errors, and messed my system somehow.

Thanks for the feedback.
But now you have a 32-bit machine + OS, and a 32-bit perl, right ?
The problem before happened on a 64-bit machine, with a 64-bit OS, but a 32-bit
perl, no ?