Additional hint :

Normally, when Apache goes through the "effort" of setting up a new child process, you would want that this child process then runs for as long as possible (for as many requests as possible), to avoid the repeated overhead of restarting another child process.
In an Apache prefork configuration, you would do this by setting

MaxRequestsPerChild 0   (or a very high number)

(as per
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_common.html#maxrequestsperchild)

However, some perl modules/applications are known to "leak memory" (meaning that each time they are called, the Apache child memory footprint increases a bit, and never goes down anymore). And after a while, depending on how busy the site is and how many times that application is called, Apache may crash if it does not have enough memory anymore.

That is why, in some cases, you would set this MaxRequestsPerChild to a value different from 0, to limit the number of requests that any Apache child would process, before it is forcefully terminated by Apache, and replaced by a new one. (The exact number used, would depend on how much additional memory it uses after each request). Terminating this child process would return the used memory to the OS, and the new child would start again fresh, with a minimum amount of memory.
Then it will start growing again, until it hits the limit again, etc..

So, setting MaxRequestsPerChild <> 0, is in fact a "quick-and-dirty fix" for a problem of the application (it should not do that, leaking memory). And it would be better to fix the application, so that it can run without leaking memory..

P.S.
You still have not indicated what your OS is, or what kind of Apache MPM you
are using.
If you need more help, please do that the next time you post a message here.