"and uses the CGI module only for parsing the incoming request."

I was going to follow up on this thread and ask for suggestions on what I could/should use for incoming request parsing. I have never gone further in mod_perl beyond Apache::Registry and just running traditional CGI programs, and I only use CGI.pm to get the request parameters (but I use it a LOT). Is there another modeule that I can drop in to get that functionality? Or should I happily keep using CGI.pm (which I have no problem installing from CPAN as long as it's available).