On 2/24/2019 4:44 PM, Randolf Richardson wrote:
On 2/22/19 10:54 AM, Matthias Schmitt wrote:
I doubt that you will be able to compile mod_perl 1.x with newer compilers and
operating systems.

Hold my beer :).
[sNip]
I have a Makefile that does all of this.  I suppose I could publish
it on github or something, but given the age of apache 1.3, it
seems irresponsible to publish it at this point :).

        Michael:  You deserve to get two beers back for this -- it's
wonderful that anyone can get help to get older systems working.

        I do agree with you overall though that the focus should be on
Apache HTTPd 2.4, and given that the older options are discontinued I
also encourage putting time and effort into upgrading Perl code
instead of trying to get the older Apache HTTPd 1.x working.

        As long as one isn't relying on the client's dynamic TCP port number
from $r->connection->remote_addr->port for anything (as I've
discovered no longer works in the current release of mod_perl2),
updating to the newest mod_perl2 should ultimately be relatively
problem-free.  (This client port number business has not been a high
priority for me to raise as an issue, but if it is something that
Hans or anyone else is needing I'll gladly chime in with my vote for
wanting it fixed.)

Does this work for you?
$r->connection->client_addr->port;

The doc. states remote_addr returns an APR::SockAddr object but there's no remote_addr in my Apache2::Connection. However, there's a client_addr which does return an APR::SockAddr object.

Randolf Richardson - rand...@inter-corporate.com
Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
http://www.inter-corporate.com/