I have been using a cloud host, it seems I have a unnormal DNS resolver entry:

(base) pyh@ubuntu-18:~$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
# This file is managed by man:systemd-resolved(8). Do not edit.
#
# This is a dynamic resolv.conf file for connecting local clients to the
# internal DNS stub resolver of systemd-resolved. This file lists all
# configured search domains.
#
# Run "systemd-resolve --status" to see details about the uplink DNS servers
# currently in use.
#
# Third party programs must not access this file directly, but only through the # symlink at /etc/resolv.conf. To manage man:resolv.conf(5) in a different way,
# replace this symlink by a static file or a different symlink.
#
# See man:systemd-resolved.service(8) for details about the supported modes of
# operation for /etc/resolv.conf.

nameserver 127.0.0.53
options edns0
(base) pyh@ubuntu-18:~$
(base) pyh@ubuntu-18:~$ dig google.com.hk

; <<>> DiG 9.11.3-1ubuntu1.5-Ubuntu <<>> google.com.hk
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 65494
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;google.com.hk.                 IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
google.com.hk.          22      IN      A       172.217.31.131

;; Query time: 1 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.53#53(127.0.0.53)
;; WHEN: Mon Aug 05 19:48:49 CST 2019
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 58

Can you help with it? thanks in advance.

Guten Tag Paulina,
am Montag, 5. August 2019 um 13:11 schrieben Sie:

Do you mean this is a system issue rather than a pragram problem?

That depends on whoever resolves your queries in the end. That might
be your implementation using custom nameservers, that's why I linked
its docs, or the system. First check who resolves how what and then
decide what's your problem and how to fix it.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning