Von: Andrew Green <and...@article7.co.uk>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 24. September 2019 18:39
An: modperl@perl.apache.org
Betreff: Setting a MIME type on $r->custom_response

Hi all,

Is it possible to get $r->custom_response to respond using a MIME type other
than text/html?

I’m writing a mod_perl application that’s intended to work with someone else’s
React front end.  My code therefore just sends JSON.

For an authentication failure, I can use custom_response to send a custom JSON
error with a Forbidden HTTP status:

            $r->custom_response(Apache2::Const::FORBIDDEN, $json);

It works fine, except that I can’t get it to use the correct MIME type.  The
following has no effect (whether I deploy it immediately before the
custom_response call or afterwards):

            $r->content_type("application/json; charset=utf-8”);

It’s not a huge deal — and I haven’t yet tested whether React freaks out over
the Forbidden HTTP status regardless.

But if there’s a way to do this, I’d love to know.  Thanks!

Cheers,

Andrew.

--
Andrew Green
Article Seven Limited

Article Seven Limited is a registered company in England and Wales.  Registered
number: 5703656. Registered office: 10 Hamilton Road, Sidcup, Kent, DA15 7HB.