> Edward J. Sabol wrote:
> > Except we're actually upgrading from Apache 2.2.34 to 2.4.41, and all the
> > tests pass with 2.2.34 (I just ran them again and verified this), so this
> > is kind of a new issue for us, but I'm happy to trust in the experiences of
> > other folks who have running using mod_perl with Apache 2.4.x.
>
> We also run mp2 with httpd 2.2. should we upgrade to httpd 2.4 for
> better performance?

        I'm using Apache HTTPd v2.4.29 with ModPerl 2.0.10 in production
without any major problems.  We're also using PostgreSQL DBD with DBI
and ImageMagick, plus much more, but I mention these because DBI and
ImageMagick are particularly significant modules for a lot of sites.

        I have noticed an improvement in performance, but it wasn't like
with switching from Apache HTTPd v1.3 to v2.0 many years ago, which,
as I recall, was a drastic improvement.

        Before upgrading from Apache HTTPd v2.2 to v2.4, I highly recommend
refreshing your familiarity with the Order, Allow, and Require
directives.  Also, if you're doing any authentication customization,
you'll want to take extra care with testing this as I believe the
authentication modules may have changed quite a bit too.

                Upgrading to 2.4 from 2.2
                https://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/upgrading.html

        I hope this helps.

Randolf Richardson - rand...@inter-corporate.com