You can use the $r->pnotes to pass blessed Perl objects between
handlers that run at different phases:

                Apache2::RequestUtil -- $r->pnotes

https://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/RequestUtil.html#C_pnotes_

        (I'm assuming that you're using mod_perl2.)

> Hi,
>
> we're running our application build with mod_perl and
> MasonX::WebApp::ApacheHandler  (quite old, yes I know)
> Now I would like to use OpenAPI::Client to connect to some other web services
> we need. OpenAPI::Client generates code based on the api specification, but
> this takes 3 -4 seconds , which is far too slow to call it on every request.
> How can I initialize the OpenAPI::Client during server startup and use the
> compiled code later ( i.e. access the object created)?  I'm thinking about
> doing this in  a ChildInitHandler, but I have no idea, where to "store" the
> result. We're using mom_event in production, anything to consider with this ?
>
> Thanks
> Rolf

Randolf Richardson - rand...@inter-corporate.com
Beautiful British Columbia, Canada