Haha I can't answer that - I work with systems which are always up. We have
users working across the globe so there is no non-active time.

In my case I would have to throw an independent cache (my current choice is
REDIS but you could chose a DB_File for all I know) and refresh it as
needed - IANA I could hit every 30 min to check for update :)