On Jul 6, 2021, at 2:49 AM, Rainer Tammer <rainer.tam...@schulergroup.com>
wrote:
> I do have a problem compiling mod_perl 2.0.8, 2.0.10 or 2.0.11 on AIX 7.1/7.2.
> I did not have this problem in the past (older AIX and older AIX system Perl
> v5.10.1).
> The current system Perl version on AIX is 5.28.1.
[...]
> make: 1254-002 Cannot find a rule to create target static from dependencies.

Well, I googled that error message, and I saw that another person reported
the exact same "make" error when compiling mod_perl 2.0.2 on AIX 5.2 on 07
Feb 2006. There was no follow-up with a solution. Another person also
reported the same "make" error with AIX 6.1 when compiling mod_perl 2.0.10
with Perl 5.26.1 on 15 Nov 2017. No reply then either. Do a Google search
for details. You might try emailing the person who posted in 2017 and see if
they were ever able to get it to compile.
https://www.perzl.org/aix/index.php?n=Main.ModPerl has a mod_perl 2.0.7
package for AIX 5.1. So, yeah, it looks to be a long-standing problem. :-(

Make sure you've read through https://perldoc.perl.org/perlaix to see if any
of that applies. I see a suggestion there that says to compile Perl with
gcc. It might be worth trying that and then compiling mod_perl with gcc too.
Good luck. If you find a solution, please come back and post it for future
AIX users.

Regards,
Ed