On Nov 23, 2021, at 3:34 AM, Steve Hay <steve.m....@googlemail.com> wrote:
> The mod_perl bug tracker is
> https://rt.cpan.org/Dist/Display.html?Name=mod_perl, which can be
> accessed from the "Issues" link in the left-hand menu at the
> metacpan.org page, https://metacpan.org/pod/mod_perl2. (I think you
> need to log in to an account on rt.cpan.org to actually report bugs
> there.) This probably ought to be documented better somewhere. I will
> add a note to the README file at least.

While you are modifying the README, could you add a CONTRIBUTING or
CONTRIBUTING.md or Contributing.pod file as well? This would make it so that
the "How to Contribute" link in the left sidebar on the metacpan.org page would
display something useful. Personally, this is always the first link I check
when I want to submit a patch or issue on something Perl-related. Compare
https://metacpan.org/dist/mod_perl/contribute to
https://metacpan.org/dist/DBD-Pg/contribute, e.g. This file should document how
to check out the source code repository, how and where to submit patches, where
to file issues, etc. I think it would be extremely useful, and it doesn't need
to be anything elaborate. You could just copy
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bucardo/dbdpg/master/CONTRIBUTING.md and make
some edits to that.

Thanks,
Ed